Honeywell HPA250B Bluetooth Smart True HEPA Allergen Remover
Honeywell HPA250B is a true HEPA air purifier being able to capture very fine airborne particles, pollutants, smoke, odors, VOCs, etc, and is suitable for use in medium and large rooms.
Honeywell HPA250B features an easy-to-use control panel, requiring no smartphone app for use. But, Honeywell HPA250B features Bluetooth connectivity, while iPhone and Android App provides many additional options when compared with the unit's control panel and is highly recommended.
Published: July 26, 2021.
Honeywell HPA250B Air Purifier Features and Specifications
Honeywell HPA250B is a true HEPA air purifier and is able to remove 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger particles.
Also, it comes with an activated charcoal air pre-filter which is able to remove odors, smells, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), etc.
Honeywell HPA250B features physical dimensions of (L x W x H) 17.72 x 10.05 x 18.86 inches (45 x 25.5 x 47.9 cm) and it weighs 13.91 pounds (6.3 kg) - unit should be placed on the floor or on some stable, elevated surface where air can circulate freely.
Honeywell HPA250B features AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers) verified CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) rating of 200 for tobacco smoke, 190 for dust, and 180 for pollen, making it suitable for rooms up to 310 ft2 (~29 m2), ensuring up to 5x per hour whole air purifications.
Honeywell HPA250B features controls positioned on top of the unit, which include:
- On/Off button turns the unit On and Off, and allows the user to select the required cleaning level/fan speed, which includes Allergen, General Clean, Germ, and Turbo.
- Timer controls enable the user to set the time from 1 to 18 hours in 1-hour intervals.
- LED Light Dimmer controls allow the user to set the brightness of LED lights.
- VOC controls allow the user to set the unit to operate automatically according to the sensed VOCs in the air. Depending on the amount of VOCs in the air, the lower right LED light may be lit red, amber, or green.
- Filter Change Reminder signals to the user when it is time to replace the air filters. The unit features two air filters (one pre-filter and one main air filter), so Filter Change Reminder features two different lights ("Filter" and "Pre-Filter") to signal to the user which one should be replaced.
- Bluetooth light signals when the unit is paired with a smartphone via Bluetooth link.
Honeywell's free smartphone App is not required, but it allows the user to control and manage the unit more easily and it also offers certain features that are available only via App, including Allergen Alert, Allergen Auto-Set, Proximity Sensor, Custom Schedules, Filter Change Reminders, etc.
Again, the control panel is often enough for many users, but all the features of the Honeywell HPA250B may be set only via a smartphone App.
Honeywell HPA250B air purifier uses two air filters, including one air pre-filter and one true HEPA air filter.
- pre-filter consists of an activated carbon layer and filters out larger airborne particles but also captures smells, odors, tobacco smoke, and similar.
There are several Honeywell pre-filters suitable for Honeywell HPA250B, with the most popular being HRF-AP1 (also known as "A" filter) which absorbs odors, and HRF-APP1 (also known as "A+" filter), which absorbs odors and household gases.
- true HEPA air filter is labeled as HRF-R (also known as an "R" filter).
For proper functioning, pre-filter should be replaced every 3 months, while HEPA air filters should be replaced every 12 months.
Note: Honeywell HPA250B requires 2 (two) HRF-R air filters, with the HRF-R2 package, which contains 2 (two) HRF-R filters being recommended for Honeywell HPA250B.
Also, Honeywell offers a one-year replacement kit, consisting of 4 A+ air pre-filters and a pair of R true HEPA air filters.
Honeywell HPA250B comes with a 5-year limited warranty, which is an excellent warranty for units in this class.
Note: Honeywell HPA250B is relatively simple to use and maintain true HEPA air purifier, but when it arrives, be sure to read the Owner's Guide to get accustomed to your new air purifier.
Long Story Short: If You are looking for a relatively quiet air purifier with good CADR ratings, easy to use, and affordable price and maintenance, consider Honeywell HPA250B air purifier.
Honeywell's free App offers functionalities not available via the unit's control panel, but the App itself is not absolutely required.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to follow the Honeywell HPA250B Bluetooth Smart True HEPA Allergen Remover Amazon link (link opens in the new window).