Shark HV371 Rocket Pro DLX Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Shark HV371 Rocket Pro DLX Corded Stick Vacuum is a convertible 2-in-1 corded stick/handheld vacuum, suitable even as the main vacuum cleaner in smaller homes and apartments.
Shark HV371 Rocket Pro DLX Corded Stick Vacuum is a very lightweight stick vacuum cleaner designed for vacuuming surfaces from the floors to the ceiling, thanks to the good suction and available cleaning tools. If required, other cleaning tools and accessories can be ordered.
Published: October 23, 2023.
Shark HV371 Rocket Pro DLX Vacuum Features and Specifications
Shark HV371 continues the design philosophy from previous Shark Rocket vacuums (still very popular Shark HV301, Shark HV302, etc.) but also introduces certain improvements, helping their users save some time and effort when cleaning.
The physical dimensions of the unit in corded stick vacuum cleaner configuration are 10.24 x 14.57 x 48.43 inches (~26 x 37 x 123 cm), and it weighs only 8.58 pounds (3.89 kg).
Shark HV371 is easily converted from stick to handheld vacuum and back with no tools - just be sure that tools and wand "click" properly when being added or removed.
Note: this is a much better and safer connection than friction-based systems found in some similar models.
Shark HV371 is rated at 500 Watts (4.2 Amps), providing very good suction across its 8.5-inch (~21.6 cm) wide cleaning path.
Power is provided via a 25 ft (~7.6 m) long power cord, allowing the user to vacuum a reasonably large area using just one wall power outlet.
Some similar models feature a 30 ft long power cord, but since the power cord is manually wrapped around cord hooks (there is no automatic power cord rewind system), it is even better that the power cord is not too long.
For cleaning floors, Shark HV371 comes with a main cleaner head featuring a spinning brushroll and strong LED lights, allowing the user to spot dirt easily, especially on bare floors.
Spinning brushroll helps the unit clean low- and medium-pile carpets and area rugs - it does a good job on high-pile carpets, but the suction for such thick carpets may be a little bit stronger.
Shark HV371 comes with two-floor settings - for bare floors and for carpeted areas, allowing the user to traverse over different floor types quickly.
Also, the main cleaner head comes with a swivel neck, helping the users clean around the most common floor objects and obstacles.
Thanks to the low profile, the main cleaner head can easily reach under most beds and sofas.
Maximum dirt capacity is 0.68 quarts (~0.65 liters), which is a good capacity for the unit in this class - the dirt can be easily emptied directly into the trashcan without the user ever touching the dirt.
To clean elevated surfaces, Shark HV371 comes with a set of cleaning tools consisting of:
- Crevice Tool is a long and narrow cleaning tool intended for vacuuming narrow and hard-to-reach areas, including crevices (hence the name), gaps, corners, edges, etc.
- Upholstery Tool is intended for vacuuming upholstered and carpeted surfaces, including sofas, furniture, stairs, and similar.
- Anti-Alergen Dusting Brush is a very fine dusting brush.
Other cleaning tools, if required, can be ordered later from online shops like Amazon or Shark Clean.
Note: the list of available cleaning tools may change over time without prior notice. Also, although Shark HV371 is easy to use and maintain when the vacuum arrives, be sure to read the Owner's Guide thoroughly to get accustomed to your new vacuum cleaner.
Shark HV371 is not a true HEPA vacuum cleaner, but nonetheless, it has a good air filtration system based on cyclonic air filtration and foam and felt pre-motor air filters and one post-motor air filter.
All air filters are washable with water (only water!) - pre-motor air filters should be washed once a month, and post-motor air filter should be washed once a year.
Note: always let your air filters air dry completely - wet or moist air filters can damage the unit.
Depending on the vacuum's use, pre-motor air filters should be replaced after 2-2.5 years, and post-motor air filter should be replaced after 2.5-3 years.
When the unit is not in use, it can be stored on the wall mount, which must be ordered separately, or the unit can be stored vertically - Shark HV371 is a self-standing unit, but the unit's body must be detached from the wand first.
Shark HV371 comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Shark HV371 Rocket Pro DLX Corded Stick Vacuum vs. Shark HZ3002 Stratos Ultralight Corded Stick Vacuum
At first, Shark HV371 and Shark HZ3002 are two very similar units. After all, they are both convertible 2-in-1 corded vacuums.
But, there are several very important differences, including:
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos comes with DuoClean PowerFins HairPro technology, Shark HV301 with a multi-surface single brushroll,
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos weighs 8.68 pounds, Shark HV301 weighs 8.58 pounds - almost the same weight,
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos features a 0.75 liters dirt cup, while Shark HV301 comes with ~0.65 liters dirt cup,
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos comes with Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, and HairPro Pet Power Brush, and Shark HV301 comes with Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, and Anti-Alergen Dusting Brush,
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos features Shark's Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology and is a true HEPA vacuum cleaner.
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos comes with Odor Neutralizer technology,
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos is rated at 600W (5 Amps), while Shark HV301 is rated at 500W (4.2 Amps),
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos comes with a 30 ft long power cord, while Shark HV301 comes with a 25 ft long power cord,
- Shark HZ3002 Stratos features a cleaning path of 8.25 inches (~21 cm), and Shark HV301's cleaning path width is 8.5 inches (~21.6 cm) - very similar.
Both units come with a 5-year limited warranty.
As one can see, Shark HZ3002 Stratos is a much better vacuum cleaner, especially suitable for homes with kids and furry pets. But it also costs more.
Personally, Shark HV371 Rocket Pro DLX Corded Stick Vacuum is a very good vacuum cleaner, and considering its price, it is an excellent unit.
However, if you don't mind spending a little bit more and you are looking for a new convertible corded stick vacuum, consider Shark HZ3002 Stratos.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check the Shark HV371 Rocket Pro DLX Corded Stick Vacuum and Shark HZ3002 Stratos Ultralight Corded Stick Vacuum Amazon links (the links open in the new windows).