GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA Elite 3-in-1 Air Purifier
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA Elite 3-in-1 Air Purifier is simple to use and cheap to maintain true HEPA air purifier. Air purification is achieved using activated charcoal air filter, true HEPA aif filter and UVC bulb in combination with titanium dioxide for both air purification, and odor reduction. GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is suitable for rooms up to 153 square feet (~14 square meters) in size.
Published: September 17, 2018.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA Elite 3-in-1 Air Purifier Features and Specifications
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is stylish looking home air purifier which can easily fit any room. Its physical dimensions are 8.88 x 6.38 x 22 inches (~22.5 x 16.2 x 56 cm) and it weighs 9.45 pounds (~4.28 kg).
When placed on the flat surface, it is rather stable unit, but if you have pets and/or kids, try to keep them away from the unit.
Maximum power consumption is 55 watts.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is recommended for homes with pets, kids, and for people having issues with allergies and asthma.
Air purification is achieved using combination of activated charcoal filter, HEPA air filter and UVC bulb:
- mechanical air pre-filter helps filter out lint, fibers and other larger particles, while activated charcoal filter captures common household odors from cooking, pets, smoking and similar.
- true HEPA air filter captures 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger air particles. Also, GermGuardian FLT4850PT air filter features so-called PetPure Filter Treatment - it's an anti-microbial agent added to the filter in order to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew, odor-causing bacteria etc. on the surface of the filter.
Note: FLT4850 doesn't feature PetPure Filter Treatment, while FLT4850PT comes with that feature.
- UVC bulb in combination with titanium dioxide decompose rest of the potential harmful molecules, helping the unit to exhaust practically the clean air.
Some people don't like the fact that UVC lamp can produce harmful ozone, however, according to the California Air Resources Board, GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is safe to use since it produces less than 0.050 ppm (parts per million) of ozone.
For the full list of certified-safe air purifiers check California Certified Air Cleaning Devices article (external link, link opens in the new window).
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA Controls
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA controls are very simple - it is not WiFi enabled unit, and it comes with 'limited' set of controls. However, this simplicity is actual the reason why this and similar GermGuardian air purifiers are preferred by many users.
Controls include power on/off button with three fan speeds:
- low speed: this is the lowest fan speed. Air circulation is the slowest, but the unit is very quiet. This speed is often set during the night in kids' rooms to purify air while kids are sleeping. Also, many people simply set this speed and never turn it off, until some maintenance is required.
- medium speed: air purifier balances between the air flow and 'noise'. We say 'noise', since the operation is still rather quiet.
- maximum speed: air purifier operates at the maximum fan speed. When the unit is turned on for the first time in a room, or it is turned on after longer period of time, it is recommended to use this mode to quickly clean the room and then to lower the fan speed.
UVC light bulb can be turned off, if desired. As said before, this air purifier is listed as 'safe' regarding ozone production, but if you don't like it, simply turn the UVC light off.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA also features HEPA replacement and UVC bulb replacement signal lights.
Depending on the use, filters should be replaced every 6-8 months.
Note: pre-filter, activated charcoal filter and HEPA filter are designed as one replacement unit, significantly simplifying the maintenance.
However, it is also possible to replace activated charcoal filter more often, lengthening the operating life of HEPA air filter.
Although GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is simple unit, before the very first use be sure to thoroughly read its manual. Better safe than sorry :)
There are two replacement filters for AC4300BPTCA unit: FLT4850 and FLT4850PT. Both filters are combination of activated charcoal and true HEPA air filters.
Main difference between them is that FLT4850 HEPA air filter doesn't feature PetPure Filter Treatment, while FLT4850PT comes with that feature.
Although FLT4850PT costs slightly more, PetPure Filter Treatment more than justifies the price difference - even if there are not pets at home.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA CADR Ratings
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA air purifier is recommended for rooms up to 153 square feet (~14 square meters) and when the fan is set to maximum speed, AC4300BPTCA is able to purify air up to 4x per hour!
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA CADR rating for dust is 107, for pollen is 116 and for smoke is 99, which is very good for the unit in this price range and for filters that should be replaced every 6-8 months.
Note: CADR is measured when the unit is set to maximum fan speed, with brand new air filters and it is the measure of air purifier effectiveness at capturing fine particles like smoke, pollen, mites, pet dander and similar.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA comes with three year limited warranty.
Long Story Short: GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is simple to use and rather affordable home air purifier. It features excellent air purification and odor reduction, which can be very important for people with pets and kids and for allergies sufferers.
Lack of advanced features like WiFi connectivity is often considered as a positive feature by many users.
For more reviews and recommendations, check GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA Pet Pure HEPA Air Purifier Amazon link (link opens in the new window).