Honeywell HFD360B Bluetooth Smart AirGenius 6 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer
Honeywell HFD360B Bluetooth Smart AirGenius 6 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer is medium range air purifier suitable for larger rooms up to 260 sq. ft. (~24 m2) in size.
Honeywell HFD360B Bluetooth Smart AirGenius 6 features 6 different cleaning modes, Bluetooth connectivity, can be controlled both manually via touch screen and/or using smartphone app, 1-18h timer, VOC sensor, proximity sensor etc.
Published: August 12, 2019.
Honeywell HFD360B Bluetooth Smart AirGenius 6 Features and Specifications
Honeywell HFD360B Bluetooth Smart AirGenius 6 is tower-style air purifier with physical dimensions of (LxWxH) 9.97 x 9.92 x 26.81 inches (~25.3 x 25.2 x 68 cm) and weight of 13.05 lbs (~5.9 kg).
Honeywell HFD360B air purifier has been AHAM verified for use in rooms up to 260 square feet (~24 m2), and it features CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) ratings of:
- Smoke: 169,
- Dust: 166,
- Pollen: 149.
Air filtration system is based on non-washable VOC and odor reducing Honeywell HRF-K2 air pre-filter (often labeled as 'K2 pre-filter'), washable ifD Particle Filter and electronic ionizer.
Such 3-stage filtering system ensures capturing of 99.9% of 0.1 microns or larger particles.
Note: most common air pollutants are dust (0.5-10 microns), pollen (10-100 microns), pet dander (2-10 microns), bacteria (0.3+ microns), tobacco smoke (0.01-4 microns), viruses (0.005-0.3 microns) etc.
Filter maintenance is rather simple - on average, replace HRF-K2 air pre-filter and wash ifD Particle Filter every 3 months or when indicated by Check Filters indicator light.
Note: although labeled as 'smart' due to the number of built-in sensors, various features and Bluetooth connectivity, Honeywell HFD360B is actually simple to use and maintain air purifier with rather intuitive controls. But, just in case, when it arrives, be sure to thoroughly read the instructions - better safe than sorry...
Honeywell HFD360B can be operated via touchscreen console or via Bluetooth and smartphone app (iOS and Android compatible).
Controls buttons include:
- Power On/Off Button - used for powering the unit on and off. When turned on, unit starts in General cleaning mode.
- Oscillate Button is used for setting the side-to-side oscillations on and off. When oscillations are 'On', air mixing is improved, also improving the cleaning effect.
- Auto-Off Timer is used for setting how long will the unit operate before turning itself off. Period can be set from 1 to 18 hours in 1h increments.
- Cleaning Level button is used for setting required air cleaning level. Honeywell HFD360B AirGenius 6 comes with 6 cleaning levels (hence the '6' as part of its label):
- Sleep Mode, Level 1: this is very quiet mode of operation and is used when air purification is required, but amount of noised must be as low as possible. Usually, this mode is used during the nigh, hence the name 'Sleep Mode'.
- Germ Mode, Level 2: air speed through the unit and its air filters is optimized for capturing of germs.
- General Mode, Level 3: this is general mode of air cleaning and is used in most situations. If unsure which mode to use, go for General Mode during the day and Sleep Mode during the night.
- Pet Mode, Level 4: this mode optimizes performances for capturing the pets' odors, hair, dander and similar air pollutants.
- Allergen Mode, Level 5: air speed through the unit and its air filters is optimized for capturing of common airborne allergens, especially pollen.
- Max Mode, Level 6: in this mode, air speed is at its maximum, helping the unit to quickly purifier air and reduce odors and VOC.
- Dimmer Button is used for setting the brightness of LED lights. There are three settings: Low, High and Off.
- Filter Check Reminder light signals when it is time to replace the K2 pre-filter and to wash the ifD Particle Filter. Generally, this is electronic timer that is activated after 2160 hours (3 months) of operation. Note that in the areas/rooms with increased amount of air pollutants, VOC and odors, it may be necessary to maintain air filters more often.
- VOC Sensor Auto Mode Button turns on and off VOC Auto Sensing Mode. In this mode, unit automatically sense amount of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) in the air and adjust the air speed as required.
Depending on the amount of VOC, the circular LED illuminates:
- Red: high level of VOC detected, unit is set to operate in Max Mode in order to reduce amount of VOC as quickly as possible.
- Amber: moderate level of VOC is detected in the air, unit is set to operate in General Mode.
- Green: low level of VOC detected, unit automatically sets itself to Sleep Mode.
Honeywell HFD3** AirGenius Air Purifiers Comparison
Honeywell manufacture several HFD3** AirGenius air purifiers models that differ in their cleaning modes, CADR ratings and few other important details.
Their general features and specifications are given in the following chart:
|Model||Honeywell HFD300 AirGenius 3||Honeywell HFD310 AirGenius 4||Honeywell HFD320 AirGenius 5||Honeywell HFD360B AirGenius 6|
|Max Room Size||225 sq. ft.||250 sq. ft.||250 sq. ft.||260 sq. ft.|
Sleep, General, Max
Sleep, General, Allergen, Max
Sleep, Germ, General, Allergen, Max
Sleep, Germ, General, Pet, Allergen, Max
|Tobacco Smoke (CADR)||146||161||161||169|
|Air Purification||99.9%, 0.3 microns||99.9%, 0.3 microns||99.9%, 0.3 microns||99.9%, 0.1 microns|
|Pre-Filters||Washable or Non-Washable Odor Reducing||Washable or Non-Washable Odor Reducing||Washable or Non-Washable Odor Reducing||Non-Washable Odor Reducing|
|Dimensions (inches)||9.97 x 9.92 x 26.81||9.97 x 9.92 x 26.81||9.97 x 9.92 x 26.81||9.97 x 9.92 x 26.81|
|Timer||No||Yes; 2, 4, 8 hours||Yes; 2-12h, 2h increments||Yes; 1-18h, 1h increments|
|Touch Screen Controls||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Amazon Link||Honeywell HFD300 AirGenius 3||Honeywell HFD310 AirGenius 4||Honeywell HFD320 AirGenius 5||Honeywell HFD360B AirGenius 6|
Note: Amazon links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for most up-to-date prices and offers.
At the moment, Honeywell HFD360B Bluetooth Smart AirGenius 6 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer is the most advanced model in AirGenius series.
It features the best CADR rating for tobacco smoke and dust, but also the worst(!) CADR rating for pollen - the reason for this 'worst' rating is the fact that Honeywell HFD360B is optimized for capturing very small particles (99.9% of 0.1 microns or larger, while other models feature capturing level of 99.9% for 0.3 microns or larger particles) and dust particles are relatively large (10-100 microns).
Also, Honeywell HFD360B support the use of K2 pre-filter (HRF-K2 pre-filter), while other models support the use of either K2 pre-filter (recommended for improved air filtration) or washable pre-filter (recommended for no maintenance costs).
At the moment of writing this article, no AirGenius models support the use of WiFi connectivity. But, Honeywell HFD360B support the Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, enabling the user to control and monitor the Honeywell HFD360B unit via Android or iOS device.
Honeywell HFD360B supports the timer auto-off function with 1-18h period and with 1h increments.
Note: smartphone app provides more options than touchscreen console, including filter reminders, custom schedules, allergen alerts, the use of proximity sensor and similar.
Long Story Short: Honeywell HFD360B is relatively simple to use mid-range air purifier. Although it is not true HEPA (it doesn't capture 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger particles), it features filter system that captures 99.9% of 0.1 microns or larger particles.
It is suitable for medium to large rooms (250-260 sq. ft., 23-24 m2) and using its VOC Sensor Auto Mode, it is a truly set-and-forget air purifier that will remind you when to replace/wash air filters.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Honeywell HFD360 Bluetooth Smart AirGenius 6 Amazon link (link opens in the new window).