Coredy R650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Coredy R650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner is a well-balanced, simple to use and maintain robot vacuum cleaner intended for smaller to medium-sized homes and apartments.
Coredy R650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner features a simple navigation system, allowing the unit to clean a single floor or single room and to return to the charging station, but it doesn't support Recharge and Resume or other advanced features - reason more why it is so popular among its users.
Published: March 5, 2022.
Coredy R650 Vacuum Cleaner Features and Specifications
Coredy R650 is powered by a power fade-free 14.4V 2600 mAh lithium battery ensuring up to 120 minutes of operation when vacuuming bare floors without the use of the Auto Boost feature.
When the battery is discharged, the unit is able to find the docking/charging station, and to recharge itself - discharged battery requires 5-6 hours to get fully recharged.
Coredy R650 robot vacuum cleans using a pair of side brushes, combined with a central brushroll and relatively strong suction, ensuring good cleaning of both bare floors and carpets.
As with most similar units, the Coredy R650 robot vacuum is suitable for low- and medium-pile carpets - it can easily climb obstacles up to 15mm in height and traverse hills up to 15°. Also, it comes with the Auto Boost feature - when the unit senses the carpet, the Auto Boost feature automatically increases the suction to 2500 Pa, improving the cleaning on the carpets and prolonging the runtime of the battery.
Coredy R650 robot vacuum comes with classic IR remote control, allowing the user to start the unit, to set the cleaning mode, set and adjust cleaning schedule, and similar - Coredy R650 robot vacuum doesn't support WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity and it doesn't support voice prompts or alerts via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Also, it features a very simple navigation system, that doesn't support mapping, Recharge, and Resume and similar rather advanced features.
But, it is a simple, yet effective floor cleaner that comes at a rather acceptable price.
Since the Coredy R650 robot vacuum doesn't feature a LIDAR sensor on top of the unit, it is a very compact unit with a height of just 2.77 inches (~7 cm), allowing the unit to clean under most beds and similar floor objects.
Air filtration is very good and is based on a mechanical air filter which combines sponge air filter and pleated air filter - actual HEPA level is not provided, but the air filtration is good, which is very important, especially for people with pets, kids, and health issues like asthma, allergies and similar.
The dust bin capacity is 0.5 liters, which is a good capacity for such a compact unit - depending on the type of debris and daily schedule, it is recommended to empty the dust bin after each cleaning task or on a daily basis.
According to the manufacturer, the dust bin and air filters are washable - since the air filter must be fully dried before assembling it back, it is recommended to clean the air filter by tapping it onto the hard surface whenever emptying the dust bin.
Note: Coredy R650 robot vacuum is a simple robot vacuum cleaner, but when it arrives be sure to read the Owner's Guide thoroughly, maintenance procedures included, in order to get accustomed to your new robot vacuum.
To prevent the unit from reaching certain areas, the Coredy R650 robot vacuum supports the use of boundary strips - by default, the unit comes with 2x 6.6 ft (~2 m) boundary strips, allowing the user to set no-go zones.
Also, the Coredy R650 robot vacuum comes with a set of sensors that allow the unit to navigate the area without bumping too much into the floor objects and obstacles and with cliff sensors that prevent the unit from, for example, falling down the stairs.
Note: If You have stairs at your home, it is highly recommended to place a physical barrier that will prevent the unit from falling down - cliff sensors do their job well, but just in case ... Or, place a boundary strip before the stairs - such boundary strip offers at least some additional protection!
Coredy R650 Robot Vacuum Cleaning Modes
Coredy R650 robot vacuum cleaner comes with several cleaning modes allowing the unit to clean more thoroughly in various situations. These cleaning modes include:
- Auto Cleaning Mode is the most common cleaning mode. The unit navigates the area in a random pattern, covering the entire area with some areas being cleaned several times. When the cleaning cycle is done, the Coredy R650 robot vacuum returns to the charging dock on its own.
- Spot Cleaning Mode: Using the maximum suction, the Coredy R650 robot vacuum cleans a single area by spiraling outward (about 3 ft, ~1m) and then inward, stopping at the point where it started.
- Edge Cleaning Mode: after cleaning open areas, the unit switches to the Edge Cleaning Mode to clean more thoroughly along the walls and furniture.
- Single Room Cleaning Mode is very similar to the Auto Cleaning Mode, it just lasts only 30 minutes and is intended for vacuuming just one room. Since the unit doesn't feature an advanced navigation system, in order to limit the unit to just one room, simply - close the door(s).
- Manual Cleaning Mode: as its name suggests, using IR remote control, the user manually navigates the robot vacuum and cleans a specific area.
Coredy R650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Maintenance
In order to operate at the optimum level, the Coredy R650 robot vacuum and all other robot vacuums must be maintained.
Typical maintenance tasks include:
- Air Filter: clean once or twice per week, depending on the dirt types and frequency of use. Also, replace the air filter every 2-3 months.
- Side Brushes: clean them once or twice per week and replace them when visibly worn (2-4 months, on average).
- Brushroll: clean it once or twice per week and replace it every 3-6 months.
Note: Coredy R650 robot vacuum doesn't feature main brushroll self-cleaning technology and it is up to the user to remove any tangled hair and lint from the brushroll.
- Dust Bin: empty it after each use.
Other important parts like sensors, wheels, charging contacts and similar should be cleaned once a month.
What's in the Box?
When the unit arrives, the box contains:
- 1x Coredy R650 Robot Vacuum,
- 2x 6.6ft magnetic boundary strips,
- 4x side brushes,
- 1x extra HEPA filter,
- 1x remote control,
- 1x charging dock,
- 1x AC power adapter,
- 1x cleaning tool, and
- Owner's Guide/manual.
Coredy R650 robot vacuum cleaner comes with 12 months limited warranty, which is an acceptable warranty for the robot vacuum in this class.
Long Story Short: If You are looking for a simple and reliable vacuum-only robot vacuum, consider the Coredy R650 robot vacuum cleaner.
Perhaps it lacks remote connectivity, smartphone home app support, advanced navigation system, and similar, but it cleans well, helping the user keep the home cleaner and more pleasant to live in.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check the Coredy R650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).