Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Vacuums - NV751 vs. NV752 vs. NV753
Shark Rotator NV751, NV752, and NV753 Powered Lift-Away Vacuums are a group of large and versatile 3-in-1 vacuum cleaners.
They can be used as classic upright vacuums, they can be used with detached Lift-Away Pod with Powered Brush Roll, and they can be used as classic and convenient canister vacuum cleaners with the 'Canister Caddy.' They are based on several Shark's cleaning technologies, including Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology, and are equipped with washable HEPA filters.
Shark Rotator NV751, NV752, and NV753 are almost identical vacuums, with differences being in color and available cleaning attachments.
Updated: March 20, 2023.
Shark Rotator NV751, NV752 and NV753 Vacuums Features and Specifications
The most notable features of these vacuums include:
- Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away technology enables these vacuums to perform as 3-in-1 vacuums, combining the best features of different vacuum cleaner types. Classic upright vacuums with swivel mechanisms allow the user to clean large flat surfaces quickly and to maneuver around objects and obstacles with ease. When the Lift-Away Pod with Powered Brush Roll is detached from the rest of the unit, it can reach and clean various surfaces from the floor to the ceiling. Finally, using the 'Canister Caddy,' these units are transformed into classic canister vacuums. If you have doubts about which vacuum to buy, canister or upright, go for Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away vacuum, and you will buy both of them.
- Shark Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology ensures that the vacuumed dirt is kept in the vacuum, and as the air passes through the unit, it must pass through the HEPA filter before being expelled from the unit. A washable HEPA filter captures and holds over 99.9% of 0.3 microns or larger particles of dust, pollen, and other allergens inside the vacuum. Note that HEPA standards vary, and the most common HEPA standard (sometimes called 'true HEPA') requires capturing 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger particles. Nonetheless, the air filtration of these vacuums is excellent.
Shark Rotator NV751, NV752, and NV753 feature fingertips controls and three modes (hard floor, carpet/low pile, and thick carpet/area rug), allowing the user to cross from one surface to another quickly.
When cleaning bare floors, set the surface selector to 'Hard Floor.' Note: the brushroll will not spin in this mode.
For carpets, there are two settings. For low-pile carpets, set the surface selector to 'Carpet/Low Pile.' For high-pile and thick carpets and area rugs, set the surface selector to the 'Thick Carpet/Area Rug.'
Also, if the vacuum is difficult to push/pull due to high suction, set the surface selector to the 'Thick Carpet/Area Rug.'
These vacuums are relatively specific to use, and it is highly recommended to thoroughly read the manual/instructions before the first use to get accustomed to your new unit. After the first few uses, most of the activities come rather naturally :)
Shark NV751, NV752, and NV753 Comparison Chart
Shark Rotator NV751, NV752, and NV753 features and specifications are given in the following table:
|Model||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Deluxe (NV751)||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away (NV753)|
|Cleaning Surface||Bare Floors, Carpets, Area Rugs|
|Cord Length||30 feet (~9.1 m)|
|Nozzle Width||12 inches (~30.5 cm)|
|Cleaning Path Width||10.5 inches (~26.7 cm)|
|Product Dimensions (HxWxD)||46 x 12 x 13 inches (~117 x 30.5 x 33 cm)|
|Upright Mode Weight||15.6 pounds (~7.1 kg)|
|Lift-Away Pod Weight||8 pounds (~3.6 kg)|
|Dust Cup Capacity||3.3 dry quarts (~3.1 liters)|
|Led Lights||On Floor Nozzle and Handle|
|Hard Floor Genie||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pet Power Brush||Yes||TruePet Mini Motorized Brush||Pet Multi Tool|
|Dusting Genie||Yes||Yes||Mini Motorized Brush|
|Dusting Brush||Yes||Yes||Duster Crevice Tool|
|Pet Upholstery Tool||Yes||Yes||No|
|Amazon Link||Shark Rotator NV751||Shark Rotator NV752||Shark Rotator NV753|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for more reviews and recommendations. Also, the list of available attachments may vary over time, and although we have really tried to verify every single bit of information, there is no warranty of any kind that this list is accurate.
As one can see, these vacuums are large vacuums and are designed to be used as the main vacuum cleaners, even in larger homes and apartments.
Shark NV751, NV752, and NV753 feature 1200 W motors providing plenty of suction for the motorized main cleaning head with a 10.5-inch wide cleaning path. Such a motor in combination with a motorized brush bar, enables the user to clean large areas quickly.
Although there is a 3/4" gap between the outer edge of the cleaning head and the cleaning path, strong suction picks up the dirt even along the edges of the walls. If there is some uncleaned dirt, use available attachments according to the surface type.
These units come with 30 feet-long power cord, which in combination with a cleaning hose and wand, helps the user to clean a large area using just one wall power socket.
Weighing around 15.6 pounds, these are not light vacuums to be carried easily around, especially not by elderly people up and down the stairs. However, they are easy to push/pull over various surfaces. As said before, if there is a problem with the push/pull check settings of the surface type selector - strong suction can 'glue' the vacuum to the floor and cause issues with moving around.
Lift-Away Pod weighs 8 pounds and can be easily carried in one hand with a cleaning wand/handle in another hand.
The dirt cup is transparent, enabling the user to see the amount and type of picked-up dirt. Units are design not to lose suction until the dirt cup is almost full. With a 3.3 dry quarts dirt cup capacity, these vacuums can clean plenty of dirt before they must be emptied.
Nonetheless, it is recommended to empty the dirt cup after each use, which can be done quickly and easily without making a mess - just don't empty it a yard above the trash can.
LED lights help the user to clean in low light conditions like under the beds, in the corners, and similar.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away NV751, NV752 and NV753 Cleaning Attachments
Shark Rotator NV751, NV752, and NV753 vacuums come with different sets of cleaning attachments. If required, cleaning attachments can be ordered separately, but the most cost-effective way is to order the model with all the attachments one will need for keeping the home clean. Some of those attachments are:
Dusting Genie is a 2-in-1 cleaning tool. It combines a crevice tool and dusting brush: the crevice tool extends cleaning reach into small and tight places and awkward spaces, while the dusting brush cleans a multitude of surfaces by combining soft brush bristles and strong suction.
Dusting Brush: Dusts and cleans dust and other small particles of dirt from a multitude of surfaces.
TruePet Mini Motorized Brush is designed for picking up pet and human hair, lint, and loose debris and cleaning deeply embedded dirt. It can be used for cleaning smaller surfaces like upholstery, stairs, and similar.
The accessories Bag is used for storing all vacuum accessories.
Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet upright vacuum comes with the most popular set of cleaning tools and is thus the most popular Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away upright vacuum.
For the best offers, check Shark Rotator NV752
Shark Rotator NV751, NV752, and NV753 vacuums come with a 5-year limited warranty.
Shark NV752 vs. Shark NV501
Shark Rotator NV501 Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is a very similar model to Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, with a few differences:
- both units are 'Lift-Away' 3-in-1 upright vacuums.
- NV501 is a somewhat lighter vacuum (15.5 vs 15.6 pounds), but its Lift-Away pod is heavier (8.4 vs 8 pounds).
- NV501 doesn't feature 'fingertips' controls like NV752, but controls are easily used as well.
- NV501 comes with the following cleaning attachments: Dusting Brush, 12" Crevice Tool, Premium Pet Power Brush, and Wide Upholstery Tool. Again, this list can change over time, and if some extra tool is required, it can be ordered later.
- NV501 cleaning path is narrower (9.5 vs. 10.5 inches). This one-inch difference is not large, but NV501 is also wider (13.4 vs. 12 inches), thus having more issues with edge cleaning.
- Both units are based on 'Complete Seal Technology,' offering 99.9% filtration of 0.3 microns or larger particles. Also, they both have 1200W motors and 30 feet long power cords.
Long Story Short: Shark NV752 is a newer and improved model, and it comes with more versatile cleaning attachments. Shark NV501 is a good and very popular vacuum, it gets its job done, and it costs somewhat less than the NV752 model.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Shark Rotator NV501 Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Shark NV752 vs. Shark NV683
Shark Rotator NV683 Powered Lift-Away Speed Vacuum is practically identical to NV680, NV681, and NV682 models, with the main difference being in available attachments.
Also, NV683 is by far the most popular vacuum in this group. It comes with Duster Crevice Tool, Dust-Away Hard-Floor Attachment, Canister Caddy, Pet Multi-Tool, Home & Car Detail Kit, and Precision Duster.
The most important differences and similarities are:
- Both vacuums are 3-in-1 Lift-Away models with Advanced Seal Technology and 99.9% dirt air filtration of 0.3 microns or larger particles,
- NV683 is a lighter vacuum (13.3 vs. 15.6 pounds),
- NV683 has a smaller dirt cup (0.9 liters vs. 3.63 liters), which can be important when cleaning heavily soiled floors,
- both vacuums come with 30 feet long power cord, good air filtration, easy to empty transparent dirt cup, etc.
Long Story Short: Shark NV683 comes with many very useful cleaning tools, but NV752 still holds the edge regarding cleaning tools and dirt bin capacity. NV683 is a more compact and lighter unit, and both units can be used as excellent main vacuums at homes and apartments.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Shark Rotator NV683 Powered Lift-Away Speed Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Shark NV752 vs. Shark NV755
Shark Rotator NV755 Powered Lift-Away XL Capacity is unit very similar to NV752, but they differ in dirt cup capacity and available cleaning attachments.
Shark NV755 comes with Duster Crevice, Mini Motorized Brush, Pet Upholstery Tool, Dust-Away Hard Floor (with microfiber pad), Dusting Brush, Canister Caddy, and Accessory Bag.
Both units are based on Shark's Lift-Away and Advanced Seal Technology, and the most important differences are:
- NV755 weighs 17.04 pounds, while NV752 weighs 15.6 pounds,
- NV755 comes with a larger dirt cup (3.57 vs. 3.3 dry quarts).
Other than that, they are very similar models with the same cleaning and maintenance procedures and features.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Shark Rotator NV755 Powered Lift-Away XL Capacity Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Shark NV752 vs. Shark NV803
Shark DuoClean NV803 Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright Vacuum is very similar to NV801 and NV802 vacuums, with the main difference being in color and available attachments. Shark DuoClean NV803 is the most popular model of the NV80* group of Shark's upright vacuums.
The main difference between NV752 and NV803 is that NV803 is a newer model, and it comes with several important improvements:
- NV803 is based on DuoClean technology - its main cleaning head comes with two different brush rolls, which work in unison for a much better pickup of both large and small particles.
- NV803 comes with a slightly 'weaker' motor (1150 vs. 1200 W), but the suction in Air Watts is unknown - IMHO, NV803 has better suction and, combined with the DuoClean cleaning head, cleans much better.
- NV803 is lighter (14.5 vs. 15.6 pounds), but it also has a smaller dirt cup (1 liter) and a narrower cleaning path (8.5 vs. 10.5 inches).
- NV803 comes with improved Advanced Seal Technology and filters, providing filtration 99.99% of 0.3 microns or larger particles (vs. 99.9% found at NV752).
- NV803 comes with a Pet multi-tool, a Duster crevice tool, a Pet power brush, an Under-appliance wand, and an Accessory bag.
Shark NV752 is a very good vacuum cleaner, but NV803 is a newer and improved model. Also, NV803 costs slightly more.
For more reviews and recommendations, check our Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright Vacuums - NV800, NV801, NV803 Models article and check Shark DuoClean NV803 Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright Vacuum Amazon link (both links open in the new windows).
Shark NV752 vs. Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Upright Vacuum
Which one is better, Shark NV752 or Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal vacuum?
The problem is that Shark NV752 is a somewhat older model, and comparing these two models is perhaps 'not fair'; however, they are both available on the market, so people often ask themselves which one is better.
Here is the list of pros and cons of these two models:
- Shark NV752 is a 3-in-1 unit, and can be used as a classic upright vacuum, in Lift-Away mode, and as a classic canister vacuum cleaner. On the other hand, Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal can be used as a classic upright vacuum cleaner and as an upright vacuum cleaner with a (very) long cleaning hose with additional cleaning attachments.
- Shark NV752 is lighter - 15.6 pounds vs. 19.2 pounds. This is a significant difference if the vacuum has to be carried up and down the stairs. However, Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal comes with additional 15 feet of reach (hose + wand + cleaning tools), enabling it to clean stairs 'from below' without the need to carry the unit upstairs. Cleaning the upper floors does require both units to be carried up the stairs.
- Shark NV752 comes with an older type of seal and filtration technology, offering filtration of 99.9% of 0.3 microns or larger particles, while Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal offers true HEPA air filtration (99.97%). In fact, Dyson claims that their 'Cinetic' filtration technology is so efficient that Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal filters don't have to be cleaned during the lifetime of this unit.
- Shark NV752 has a larger dirt cup (3.6 liters vs. 2.15 liters), but it also has a shorter power cord (30 vs. 35 feet).
- Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal comes with fewer cleaning tools: Stair Tool, Combination Tool, and Tangle-Free Turbine Tool. Shark NV752 comes with more versatile cleaning tools, but Dyson also offers the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy model that comes with even more cleaning tools.
- Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy costs more than Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal, which again costs more than Shark NV752 upright vacuum.
- Both units come with a 5-year limited warranty.
So, which one is better - Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal or Shark NV752? IMHO, Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal as the vacuum cleaner is better than Shark NV752, but Shark NV752 comes with more cleaning tools. Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy cleaning tools are comparable, if not better, than the cleaning tools of Shark NV752, but this Dyson vacuum costs much more than Shark NV752.
Perhaps a comparison of Shark NV803 and Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal would be 'fairer'! :)
For more reviews and recommendations, check our Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor, Animal and Animal Plus Allergy Vacuums article and check Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Upright Vacuum Amazon link (both links open in the new windows).
Shark NV752 vs. Shark AZ2002 Vertex vs. Shark AZ3002 Stratos
Shark NV752, Shark AZ2002 Vertex, and Shark AZ3002 Stratos are full-size Powered Lift-Away upright vacuums featuring HEPA air filtration, strong suction, and a list of very useful cleaning tools and attachments.
The following comparison chart lists their most important features and specifications:
|Model||Shark NV752 Rotator TruePet
||Shark AZ2002 Vertex||Shark AZ3002 Stratos|
|DuoClean Technology||No||Yes, PowerFins||Yes, PowerFins HairPro|
|Anti-Allergen Complete Seal||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Odor Neutralizer Technology||No||No||Yes|
|Weight||15.6 lbs||16.4 lbs||17.2 lbs|
|Watts||1200 W||1344 W||1416 W|
|Cleaning Path Width||10.5 inches||12 inches||10.6 inches|
|Power Cord||30 feet||30 feet||30 feet|
|Cleaning Hose||Yes||Yes, 5.5 feet||Yes, 3 feet|
|LEDs||On floor nozzle and handle||On floor nozzle||On floor nozzle|
|Dirt Cup||3.3 quarts||1 quart||1.48 quarts|
|Crevice Tool||Duster Crevice Tool||Pet Crevice, 8 inches||Yes|
|Pet Power Brush||Yes||Yes, Self-Cleaning||Yes, HairPro Self-Cleaning|
|Hard Floor Genie||Yes||No||No|
|Warranty||5-Year Limited||5-Year Limited||5-Year Limited|
|Amazon Link||Shark NV752 Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet||Shark AZ2002 Vertex DuoClean PowerFins||Shark AZ3002 Stratos DuoClean PowerFins HairPro Upright Vacuum|
Note: Amazon links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for the most up-to-date offers and prices.
As one can see, Shark NV752 is comparable with the much newer Shark AZ2002 Vertex and Shark AZ3002 Stratos, but although the Shark NV752 is an excellent upright vacuum cleaner, newer models feature newer technologies and other improvements and are simply - better.
Long Story Short: Shark Rotator NV751, NV752, and NV753 Powered Lift-Away Vacuums are perhaps somewhat older models, but they still stand their ground.
When they appeared, they were good vacuums, and they are still good vacuums. Newer technologies have emerged, but the newer vacuums are, although somewhat better, also more expensive units.
However, if you are looking for a new upright vacuum cleaner that will serve you for years to come, consider Shark AZ3002 Stratos DuoClean PowerFins HairPro Upright Vacuum (Amazon link, link opens in the new window).