Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner, Model FH50700
Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner, Model FH50700 is a compact and lightweight carpet washer/carpet cleaner, designed for quick carpet cleanups and for wall-to-wall carpet washing at homes and apartments.
It is also very affordable unit, coming with features usually found on more expensive carpet washers.
Published: December 4, 2018.
Hoover FH50700 PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner Features and Specifications
Hoover FH50700 PowerDash comes with 'Pet' in the label, but it is not recommended only to pet owners.
Hoover FH50700 PowerDash features 2 separate tanks for clean water/cleaning solution and for dirty liquids.
Carpets and rugs are washed combining cleaning solution (clean water + detergent or just clean water), PowerSpin Pet Brush Roll and HeatForce for faster drying.
Few important notes:
- Hoover FH50700 PowerDash is NOT a vacuum cleaner - it is a carpet washer. When washing carpets, it should be pushed/pulled slowly over washed surfaces, allowing it to clean them thoroughly and suck in as mush dirty liquids as possible.
- before cleaning with Hoover FH50700 PowerDash, if the surface is heavily soiled, it is recommended to vacuum it first.
- before the very first use, be sure to read the manual thoroughly - Hoover FH50700 PowerDash is really simple to use carpet washer, but, just in case ...
- carpet washers should only be used if the carpets are marked with a 'W' (for 'wet' cleaning) or 'S/W' (for 'solvent/wet' or 'wet' clean). If they are marked with 'S' ('solvent/dry' cleaning only), don't wash them using carpet washers (carpet washers in general). Also, if unsure, a small test is recommended using dampened white cloth/towel. Again, be sure to read the manual before the first use.
- when cleaning carpets positioned on the wooden floors, if the wood finish is not in the perfect condition, it is recommended to place a plastic foil (or similar protection) between the wooden floor and the carpet.
Hoover FH50700 PowerDash weighs around 12.5 pounds (~5.7 kg) with empty tanks, making it one of the lighter carpet washers on the market.
Clean water capacity is 0.5 gallons (~1.9 liters), allowing the user to clean relatively large area using single water tank. To improve the cleaning, it is recommended to use warm water (warm, not hot!) for cleaning.
Cleaning path width is 10 inches (25.4 cm), making it wide enough to be used for wall-to-wall cleaning and compact enough for easy storage and cleaning around furniture and other objects and obstacles commonly found at homes.
To improve drying time, it is recommended to make several 'dry' passes after cleaning to remove as much dirty water as possible. Also, Hoover FH50700 PowerDash uses so-called HeatForce technology - it blows warm/hot air over cleaned surface to dry the surface as much as possible.
After washing surfaces are not completely dry - drying time depends on the local conditions, like local temperature, humidity, draft and similar. Generally, carpets washed in the evening are going to be dry by next morning.
Power cord is 20 feet (~6.1 m) long, allowing the user to clean relatively large area using single wall power socket.
Hoover FH50700 PowerDash doesn't feature automatic power cord rewind system - instead, power cord is wrapped around cord wrap hooks.
During operation, Hoover FH50700 PowerDash requires 7 Amps of current.
Controls are easily accessible: On/Off pedal is used for turning the unit On/Off using a foot, while water/solution trigger is conveniently placed on the handle.
PowerSpin Pet Brush Roll, both tanks and the nozzle are easily removable for cleaning and easy maintenance.
Hoover FH50700 PowerDash comes with 1-year warranty.
Hoover Cleaning Solutions
In order for Hoover FH50700 PowwerDash to clean carpets properly, the use of proper cleaning solutions/detergents is mandatory. Hoover FH50700 PowwerDash comes with a trial size bottle, enough for a single tank.
Hoover manufactures several cleaning solutions for carpet cleaning, most popular being:
- Hoover PET PLUS Concentrated Formula, Pet Stain and Odor Remover,
- Hoover Expert Pet Carpet Washer Liquid Detergent,
- Hoover Expert Clean Carpet Washer Detergent Solution Formula,
- Hoover Clean Plus Concentrated Solution Formula, Carpet Cleaner and Deodorizer.
Before the use, be sure to read the instructions that come with any cleaning formula - they are generally very safe, as long as they are used as recommended.
Also, from time to time users wash their carpets with plain water, in order to extract cleaning detergent left in the carpet from cleanings.
For cleaning extra dirty spots, carpet pretreat solutions (spray, liquid, gel) may be used.
Long Story Short: Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner, Model FH50700 is compact, lightweight and affordable carpet washer, suitable for both quick and wall-to-wall cleanups/cleanings.
Regardless if you have pets or not, if you have carpets that require regular cleaning, consider this machine.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Hoover FH50700 PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).