Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner, Model FH52000
Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner, Model FH52000 is a carpet cleaner designed to simplify carpet washing almost to the carpet vacuuming level.
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash features several, very innovative Hoover's carpet cleaning technologies, like dual FlexForce PowerBrushes, cleaning formula Auto Mix, Auto Dry, HeatForce, etc.
Published: November 9, 2018.
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash Features and Specifications
First of all, Hoover FH52000 Smartwash is a carpet cleaner and is designed and optimized for cleaning/washing carpets - if you need cleaner/washer for bare floors, consider Hoover FH40165 FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner.
In order to simplify carpet washing, Hoover FH52000 Smartwash includes several important technologies:
- Automatic Cleaning Technology: when the unit is pushed, carpets are washed, and when the unit is pulled, carpets are dried. This system simplifies washing/drying cycles, but to improve the cleaning, user has several more options like using Dry-Only Button to switch to dry only function (hence the name). Also, for extra rinsing, it is enough just to remove Solution Tank.
To help the user monitor washing/drying modes, cleaner head features automatic Wash/Dry LED display.
Unit features comfortable, controls-free handle designed for longer operations. Various controls are placed around the unit, but are easily accessible via foot or they require slight bent by the user.
- Auto Mix: Hoover FH52000 features separate clean water and cleaning formula tanks and automatic water-cleaning formula auto mixing system that precisely mixes and dispenses the correct amount of solution for optimal cleaning of carpets. Again, during operation by removing Solution tank, Hoover FH52000 is used in rinse-only mode.
- FlexForce PowerBrushes: Hoover FH52000 cleaner head features two brushrolls that clean carpets deeply, by removing deep and stubborn dirt and messes. Brushes are not maintenance-free - user can easily lift removable nozzle and access the brushes.
- Auto Dry and HeatForce carpet drying technologies: Auto Dry extracts the water from cleaned area, while HeatForce blows hot air onto the carpet. If the carpets are extra dirty, or washed for the first time after long time, it is recommended NOT to use more than 4 washing passes and to dry them thoroughly using Dry-Only Mode.
Actual drying time depends on many factors, including number of 'wet' passes, number of 'dry' passes, carpet thickness, local temperature and humidity, draft and similar - generally, after 3-4 hours of drying, carpets are ready for use. Thicker and more dirty carpets usually require longer drying, for example, over night.
Note: although Hoover FH52000 Smartwash is simple to use carpet cleaner/carpet washer, before the very first use, be sure to thoroughly read the manual.
Also, it is recommended to use the Hoover FH52000 Smartwash carpet cleaner only on the surfaces marked with a "W" for Wet clean or "S/W" for Solvent/Dry or Wet cleaning. If the carpet is market with "S" (Solvent/Dry clean only), don't clean it with any carpet washer.
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash physical dimensions are (D x H x W) 18.9 x 43.5 x 13 inches (48 x 110.5 x 33 cm) and it weighs 18.9 pounds (~8.56 kg) with empty tanks.
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash features 'Dual Tank System', but actually it is three-tanks system - clean water tank, dirty water tank and cleaning solution tank. All tanks are easily removable when required. Clean water tank capacity is 1 gallon, while cleaning solution capacity is 20 ounces.
Unit doesn't feature water heater, but in order to improve the cleaning, it is recommended to use warm (warm, not hot!) water.
Cleaning width is 12 inches (~30.5 cm), allowing the user to relatively quickly wash large carpeted area - this of course depends on the carpet condition.
Also, to avoid uncleaned edges, unit features edge brushes.
Unit is powered with 10 Amps motor and 22 feet (~6.7 m) long power cord. Power cord perhaps could be longer, but since there is no automatic power cord rewind system, power cord is long enough.
Hoover FH52000 Smartwash also includes 2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool, a sample bottle of cleaning solution, 8 feet (2.44 m) long cleaning hose and an accessory storage bag.
Flexible cleaning hose and 2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool allow the user to clean elevated surfaces like stairs, seats, sofas, beds etc. 2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool is used for regular cleaning, but also for cleaning extra dirty spots, pet messes, areas that are unreachable with the main cleaner head etc.
2-in-1 Antimicrobial Pet Tool features two different inserts: rubber nub insert and bristle brush insert, for cleaning different types of dirt.
Note: it is also possible to order other cleaning tools, if required. These tools include:
- SpinScrub Tool is a powered hand brush, designed for cleaning extra stubborn dirty spots and stains on stairs, upholstery, etc.
- Stair Tool features a wider cleaning path for faster cleaning of elevated surfaces.
- Crevice Tool is long and narrow cleaning tool, designed to clean hard to reach areas like corners, baseboards, sofa cushions etc.
Again, SpinScrub Tool, Stair Tool and Crevice Tool are not available by default. Instead, they can be ordered online.
Hoover Cleaning Solutions
In order for Hoover FH52000 Smartwash to clean carpeted areas efficiently, the use of proper cleaning solutions/detergents is mandatory.
Hoover manufactures several cleaning solutions for carpet cleaning, including:
- Hoover PET PLUS Concentrated Formula, Pet Stain and Odor Remover,
- Hoover Clean Plus Concentrated Solution Formula, Carpet Cleaner and Deodorizer,
- Hoover Expert Pet Carpet Washer Liquid Detergent,
- Hoover Expert Clean Carpet Washer Detergent Solution Formula.
Before the use, be sure to read the instructions that come with these cleaning formulas - they are safe, as long as they are used as recommended.
For cleaning extra dirty spots, carpet pretreat solutions may be used.
Long Story Short: Hoover FH52000 Smartwash is excellent and easy to use carpet washer. It cleans deeply not only the carpeted floors, but also elevated surfaces.
If you need a good, full-size carpet washer, consider this unit. It is not lightweight unit, but it is strong and sturdy and comes with 5-year limited warranty and rather acceptable price.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner, FH52000 Amazon link (links opens in the new window).