Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C vs Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C and Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C are two very similar robot vacuum cleaners. Both units are WiFi-enabled vacuums (hence 'C' after the number - 'Connected') and support the use of EufyHome App, and Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant voice controls.
Nonetheless, both units also feature classic IR remote, automatic suction control (BoostIQ), very quiet operation, cleaning scheduler, automatic charging, etc. Eufy RoboVacs are for a reason one of the most popular robot vacuums on the market.
Updated: December 15, 2021.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C Features and Specifications
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C and 35C differ only in a few minor details, including:
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C comes with 13.2 feet (~4m) of magnetic boundary strip (two rolls) and Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C comes with only one roll (6.6 feet, ~2m) of magnetic boundary strip. A magnetic boundary strip is used for limiting access to certain parts of the home (RoboVac will not drive over it) and if more strip is required, it can be ordered later.
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C comes with additional touch controls located on top of the RoboVac's body. Both units can be controlled via IR remote, EufyHome App, and Amazon Alexa/Google Assistant.
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C is brown-grayish, while Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C is grayer in color.
Other than that, these two units are the same.
When units arrive, the box contains RoboVac, boundary strip, remote control, charging base, AC power adapter, extra set of filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, and a welcome guide.
Note: although Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C is simple to use and maintain robot vacuum cleaners, before the very first use, be sure to read the guide thoroughly.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C feature 12.8 inches (~32.5 cm) diameter and are 2.85 inches (~7.3 cm) in height, allowing these units to clean under most beds and sofas.
Also, they are able to traverse obstacles up to 0.63 inches (~16 mm) in height - units can climb onto the carpets and back easily.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C robot vacuums are designed for cleaning various bare floors, and low- and medium-pile carpets. On high-pile carpets and thick rugs, their wheels are unable to get a good grip and units often get stuck on such surfaces.
Units don't feature smart or advanced mapping systems and thus they don't support the 'Recharge and Resume' cleaning tasks.
Both units are powered via 2600 mAh, 14.4 volts lithium-ion batteries, providing enough energy for units to clean up to 1290 sq. feet (~120 m2) of bare floors.
On a single battery charge, RoboVac 30C/35C can operate:
- up to 100 minutes on the bare floors,
- up to 50 minutes using increased suction via BoostIQ feature on the carpets,
- up to 40 minutes using its maximum suction of 1500 Pa, when required.
1500 Pa suction doesn't sound much, especially not when being compared with the suction of large home vacuums generating up to or even more than 15-20k Pa, but for a robot vacuum cleaner, this is very good maximum suction.
During operation Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C are very quiet units, generating ~55 dB of noise.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C robot vacuums use a so-called 3-Point Cleaning System consisting of a pair of side brushes, main brushroll, and suction inlet.
Side brushes make a cleaner path wider, help collect more dust, hair, and other debris and channel the dirt toward the main brushroll.
Brushroll helps the unit to pick up various types of dirt from different floor surfaces, especially from the carpeted areas, where it helps pull out deeply embedded dirt and hair. Vacuums suction collects the dirt off the floors and store it into the 0.6 liters large dirt bin.
Side brushes and the main brushroll do their job well, but they are not maintenance-free cleaning tools - it is up to the user to periodically clean and even replace them.
Air filtration is relatively good and is based on the Triple-Filter System consisting of plastic mash, foam air filter, and the HEPA-style high-performance air filter.
To find their way, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C robot vacuums come with a set of sensors, including magnetic sensors (to detect magnetic boundary strips), cliff sensors (to detect stairs, for example), bumper sensors (to detect contact with an object ahead of the unit), etc.
Also, these sensors help the units to find a charging base and to automatically dock and recharge themselves.
Since the navigation system is simple, units can't distinguish between cleaned and non-cleaned surfaces and thus don't support the 'Recharge and Resume' feature, which is a great feature, but commonly found at much more expensive robot vacuums.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C Cleaning Modes
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C features several cleaning modes, including:
- auto cleaning mode is used most of the time. Units optimize their cleaning path by selecting different cleaning modes automatically until the cleaning is complete. When the battery charge drops below a certain level, units stop with the cleaning, locate the charging base, dock, and recharge themselves.
- in spot cleaning mode units traverse the cleaned area in a spiral pattern. This cleaning mode is used for cleaning areas with increased amounts of dirt. Spot cleaning mode lasts up to 2 minutes.
- in edge cleaning mode, RoboVacs detect the walls and clean the edge of the wall. Edge cleaning mode lasts up to 20 minutes.
- single room or quick cleaning mode is used for vacuuming a single room and lasts up to 30 minutes, after which RoboVacs return to the charging base.
- manual cleaning is done by the users, by manually directing the robot vacuums to clean certain areas.
Note: YouTube is full of videos in which robot vacuums are used to transport drinks and food around the house, using IR remote controls. This is not what they are designed to do :)
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C Mainenance
Just like any other robot vacuum cleaner, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C/35C also must be maintained properly in order to operate at the desired level:
- dust collector must be emptied after each use,
- filters should be cleaned once a week and replaced every two months,
- brushroll should be cleaned once a week, and replaced every 6-12 months or when visibly worn,
- edge brushes should be cleaned every 3-4 weeks and replaced every 3-6 months or when visibly worn,
- brush guard should be cleaned every 3-4 weeks and replaced when visibly worn,
- sensors, swivel wheel, charging pins, and other parts of the vacuum should be cleaned every month.
For exact maintenance procedures, check the manual.
When buying replacement parts for your RoboVac, perhaps the best option is to get Eufy RoboVac Replacement Kit (Amazon link, link opens in the new window), which consists of 4 side brushes, 3 sets of high-performance filters and foam filters, and 1 brushroll.
Eufy RoboVac Vacuum Cleaners Comparison
Eufy manufactures a series of RoboVac robot vacuum cleaners, which share many features and have similar performances.
However, there are also certain differences among Eufy RoboVac vacuums, and they are listed in the following table:
|Model||Eufy 11||Eufy 11+||Eufy 11C
||Eufy 11S||Eufy 12||Eufy 15C||Eufy 30||Eufy 30C||Eufy 35C|
|Maximum Suction||1000 Pa||1000 Pa||1200 Pa||1300 Pa||1500 Pa||1300 Pa||1500 Pa||1500 Pa||1500 Pa|
|BoostIQ Technology||No||Yes (1st gen.)||Yes (1st gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.55 liters||0.55 liters||0.55 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters|
|Noise Level||60 dB||60 dB||60 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB|
|Height||3.1 inches||3.1 inches||3.1 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches|
|Maximum Climb Height||0.59 inches||0.59 inches||0.59 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches|
|Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Amazon Link||Eufy 11||Eufy 11+||Eufy 11C||Eufy 11S||Eufy 12||Eufy 15C||Eufy 30||Eufy 30C||Eufy 35C|
Note: Amazon links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for the most up-to-date offers and prices.
Eufy RoboVac 15C doesn't support the use of magnetic boundary strips, but it has stronger suction than the 11C model (1300 vs 1200 Pa) and can climb slightly higher obstacles (0.63 vs 0.59 inches).
Also, Eufy RoboVac 30C and Eufy RoboVac 35C have stronger suction (1500 Pa) than 11C (1200 Pa) and 15C (1300 Pa).
Eufy RoboVac 30C and 35C Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here are some of the most common questions about Eufy RoboVac 30C and 35C:
What is the difference between Eufy 30C and 35C?
Eufy RoboVac 30C and Eufy RoboVac 35C are two very similar units, differing in the length of the magnetic strip that is delivered with the unit by default.
Also, Eufy RoboVac 35C has additional touch controls on top of the unit.
Eufy RoboVac 30C is brown-grayish, while Eufy RoboVac 35C is grayer in color.
What is the difference between Eufy 30 and 30C?
The main difference between Eufy RoboVac 30 and Eufy RoboVac 30C is that Eufy RoboVac 30C supports WiFi connectivity and support the use of Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Does Eufy 35C have mapping? Does Eufy 30C have mapping? How does Eufy navigate?
No, Eufy RoboVac 30C/35C robot vacuums don't have a navigation system that would allow them to create a map of the vacuumed area.
Robot vacuums like Eufy RoboVac 30C/35C navigate areas more or less randomly, using their sensors to avoid bumping in the obstacles or falling down the cliffs, but also to follow the walls (edge cleaning).
Which is better Eufy 11S or 30C?
Eufy RoboVac 30C is a better unit - it features somewhat stronger suction (1500 Pa vs 1300 Pa), it comes with WiFi connectivity, and supports the use of Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Also, Eufy RoboVac 30C supports the use of magnetic boundary strips.
Which Eufy model is the best?
Generally, it depends on one's needs and individual preferences.
While some people are pleased with the simplicity of Eufy 11S or Eufy 12, others insist on WiFi connectivity and the support of voice prompts by Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
How long does the Eufy 30C battery last?
On a single battery charge, RoboVac 30C/35C can operate up to 100 minutes on the bare floors, up to 50 minutes using increased suction via BoostIQ feature on the carpets, and up to 40 minutes using its maximum suction of 1500 Pa.
For Short: If you are looking for a robot vacuum cleaner that will help you keep your home safer and more pleasant to live in, consider one of these models.
Eufy RoboVac 30C and Eufy RoboVac 35C do their job well, and they don't cost a small fortune. These are very similar units, with really minor differences.