GermGuardian AC9200WCA True HEPA Air Purifier
GermGuardian AC9200WCA is a large and sturdy true HEPA air purifier, intended for larger rooms and areas. It comes with a multi-layered air filtration system ensuring thorough air purification, including the capture and removal of tiny airborne particles down to 0.3 μm, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), dust, smoke, odors, etc.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA is a very popular model since it combines high-capacity and high-efficiency with a relatively simple design, ensuring a very acceptable price and ease of use and maintenance.
Published: February 15, 2021.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA Features and Specifications
GermGuardian AC9200WCA true HEPA air purifier features physical dimensions of (D x W x H) 9.75 x 17 x 27 inches (~24.8 x 43.2 x 68.6 cm) and it weighs 20.65 pounds (~9.4 kg) - it is a stylish looking device that easily fits practically in any room, but it is not small nor light unit.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA comes with 6 feet (~1.83 m) long power cord and is rated at 78 watts max.
When positioning the unit, be sure to leave some area free around the unit, to help the air circulate more easily.
Also, GermGuardian AC9200WCA is a very stable unit, but, just in case, don't let pets and kids play around it - if pushed with sufficient force, it may tip over.
Note: GermGuardian AC9200WCA is a very simple to use and maintain unit, but when it arrives, be sure to read the manual thoroughly. Better safe than sorry.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA doesn't come with any 'advanced' feature like WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity, support for smartphone App, Amazon Alexa, or Google Home Assistant, it doesn't feature air quality sensors or anything similar - and that is why most people like it.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA is intended for rooms and areas up to 335 sq. ft. (~31 m2) in size.
Thanks to the large area filter and multilayered air filtration system, GermGuardian AC9200WCA features a CADR rating of 216 for dust, 265 for pollen, and 216 for smoke.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA Air Filtration System
The air filtration system of GermGuardian AC9200WCA consists of:
- air pre-filter captures larger particles of dust, pet hair, and similar.
- true HEPA air filter captures 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger particles, including pollen, pet dander, mites, etc.
- activated carbon air filter traps smells, odors, and VOCs.
- optional UV-C light in combination with Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) and air ionizer kills airborne germs, bacteria, and viruses and removes very small airborne particles (smoke, for example) from the air.
Since UV-C light/ionizer creates some ozone (amounts are much below required safety levels), UV-C light/ionizer can be turned off - personally, if You want to remove tiny tobacco particles (smoke) one should really have the UV-C light/ionizer turned ON.
Note: this goes for all similar units, not just for GermGuardian AC9200WCA air purifier.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA Controls
GermGuardian AC9200WCA controls are positioned on the heavy-duty handle, which allows the user to easily transport the unit, when and where required.
- On/Off button which obviously turn the unit On and Off,
- Fan Speed Control button sets required fan speed. GermGuardian AC9200WCA comes with three fan speeds, with the lowest being 'Ultra-Quiet Speed Mode', suitable even for sleeping rooms.
- UV-C light and air ionizer control button turns the UV-C light and air ionizer On and Off. Note: these are two independent functions controlled by a single button.
- Timer button allows the user to set the timer to 2, 4, or 6 hours of operation, after which the unit turns itself Off.
- Filter Change Indicator light signals to the user when it is time to replace the air filter.
And that is all - most users simply set the unit's speed to Ultra-Quiet Speed Mode and let the device do its task continuously.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA Maintenance
GermGuardian AC9200WCA is very easy to use and maintain.
Note: whenever doing any maintenance task, turn the unit Off and unplug it from the wall.
Maintenance tasks include:
- keep the body of the unit clean and dust-free,
- vacuum air pre-filter once a month using gently dust brush attachment,
- replace main air filter (both HEPA filter and activated carbon filter) every 6-8 months, depending on the use. It is also possible to replace activated carbon air filter more often in order to improve odor and VOCs removal.
- replace UV-C bulb every 10-12 months, depending on the use.
Note: For exact maintenance procedures, check the Owner's Guide/manual.
Long Story Short: If You are looking for an easy to use and maintain, but high-capacity, true HEPA air purifier, consider GermGuardian AC9200WCA.
It features CADR ratings of 216 for dust, 265 for pollen, and 216 for smoke and is intended for rooms and areas up to 335 sq. ft. (~31 m2) in size.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA lacks so-called advanced features (WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity, voice/app control, and similar), but that is often the reason why people prefer this model.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check the GermGuardian AC9200WCA True HEPA Air Purifier Amazon link (link opens in the new window).